Thursday, October 13, 2005

I made, like, INFINITY of those in Scout Camp


So, boondoggle keychains are all the rage in my daughter's 4th grade class. Boondoggling, gimping, whatever you call it . . . its basically tying knots in plastic string. Over and over again.

It is surprisingly addictive. Probably like knitting. It takes alot of dexterity and coordination and hand strength, and patience. My daughter has very little of the first three of these things, and lots of the fourth. Because she is so keenly interested in participating, I try to encourage her. I find myself picking up her projects and whiling 10-20 minutes away, tying knots.

Imagine her glee the other day seeing boondoggle keychains on "Napoleon Dynamite". Just one more reason that movie is the greatest.


As though it needed any MORE reasons.

No comments: