Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Who in the hell made this mess?!?!

Mistake number one: I gave in to the "I'm bored!" chant this past weekend and took my daughter on a litte outing to the craft store. Big mistake. JoAnne's was having a 70% off kid's craft kits sale, and I went a little crazy. Foam shapes, visors, clay, hole punchers, glue, pipe cleaners, sparklies, and we were set for a Summer O' Fun!



Two hours later, and my kitchen looked like Rip Taylor had skipped through and thrown up.


There was glitter on the floor, on the chairs, the table, the countertops, all in the baby's hair (much to his delight); even the dog sparkled!



I walked into the delighted screaming melee, and when I saw the devastation, all noise ceased. Could have heard a pin drop. The glitter tube in the baby's hand stopped sprinkling in mid-air. Even Weenie became still as a statue, up on her hind legs. All were waiting for the verdict. I could hear my own heart beating.



I cracked a smile and shrugged my shoulders. Fuck it. The kids screamed with delight and sprinkled glitter on me, too. After all, it is my birthday.



Happy birthday to me.

No comments: