Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Gobble, gobble . . .

So . . .

It's that time of year, ya'll.

Actually, I've been excited about the holidays this year. I had it all planned out back in June. (JUNE?!?! you say?) Yeah, I had this crazy idea that THIS was going to be the year it all came together.

In my utopia, my 2 downstairs bedrooms were going to be emptied, steam cleaned, repainted, and redecorated, complete with new bedroom suits before the end of October, all ready for holiday company. (Really, everything sort of hinged on the end of October.)

I planned to be in my new office by the end of October (actually, I did that).

I also planned to have my dining room painted, and all furniture in place by the end of October (nope, but its getting there).

I wanted to have all of my holiday shopping done, with the gifts wrapped and tucked into my new "gift closet" by November 1. The gift closet is done, and the shelves are up, and all of my wrapping stuff is in there, and some gifts, but none are wrapped yet, and I haven't really even started my holiday shopping.

(sigh)

This year was going to be the year that I hosted a HUGE Thanksgiving dinner (that's still on, and I have beautiful turkey plates for all 20 guests, and Hub ordered a Turducken - its tucked into the freezer, waiting for the big day), and resurrected my annual post-Thanksgiving potluck (that's on, too, and I have a boatload of paper goods for that shindig).

SO . . . here I am, on November 14, with a half-finished dining room, a messy house, unfinished guest rooms, and a sore back that hurts like a mofo.

My back turned its back on me about 2 weeks ago, and I have been limping along, swallowing pain killers, trying to ignore it, or will it back to health. This seems to happen once or twice a year, and usually, it lasts 4 or 5 days. This time, we are cruising on Day 12, with no relief in sight, really.

OH, I had also planned to have my exercise area set up downstairs, with a treadmill, bike and elliptical, and I do. They have been sitting patiently, waiting for my back to heal.

As usual, I want everything done right, and I have overestimated my energy levels, abilities, and timeframe.

Damn it.

No comments: