Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Jumping Back In The Pool

You know, I was surprised at my reaction when Teenie died. I grieved harder for her than I have for some real human people that have passed on.

Last week, a friend of mine, Kathy, said "I know you are probably NOWHERE NEAR ready to even think about this, but . . . . I have two puppies, sisters, that I am trying to find a good home for." She went on to tell me that her beloved chihuahua had had a litter of 4 pups, and she had sold one, kept one, and had 2 left that were approaching the age that they really needed to be placed permanently.

My immediate reaction was "No way" followed by "fat chance." But . . . Kathy suggested that I just "see" the girls, no strings, no pressure. That maybe ONE of them would appeal to me.

Well, you can guess how THAT went, I am sure.

Meet Honey (2 lbs 4 ozs) and LilBit (1 lb, 6 ozs).

Two of the newest members of the asylum.

The kids are thrilled.

Weenie, the canine matriarch, as usual, has withheld comment until further notice . . .but she does tend to enjoy watching the two wrestle and roll around. From a distance, of course.

No comments: