Saturday, February 4, 2006

Resolution dissolution

Alrighty.

Well, after the last post cooled, I turned my attention to other things, namely, my New Years resolutions.

I have the same ones every year. You know the drill . . . lose weight, get organized, control my temper, remember my vitamins every day, be a better parent, be a better wife, don't shoot anyone. The usual.

I had the bright idea to start exercising, and I cued up a couple of low-impact looking exercise shows on the TiVO. Since I work at home, I figured I could fit in one session in the morning, and maybe a bit of treadmill in the afternoon. It seemed doable, and I was feeling fairly energetic since I had been faithfully taking my vitamins, so I approached the whole thing with alot of positive attitude.

3 days later, when half of my body was hanging off the bed and I was desperately trying to piss into a little plastic garbage can and stifle screams of pain, my attitude was decidedly different.

Evidently, I did some kind of irreparable harm to my back with the "low impact" Pilates. All I know is that it felt like someone had skewered both of my hipbones with searing metal spikes, and any movement was agony.

Being the good husband that he is, my hub dutifully tended to me that night and hauled me to the doctor the next morning. After a couple of tries (dr gave me a few drugs that didn't do anything but make me loopy) , I now have lots of pharmacy candy and a thrice-weekly date with a physical therapist until things improve. So far, my sessions have been what I would imagine a fairly expensive S&M session would be, minus the leather.


Either the sessions are helping, or I am too doped up to feel the pain. I have been high as a kite for several days now, but at least I don't have to piss in the garbage can anymore.

Baby steps.

P.S. I did see the chick from the last post. She kept her fucking mouth shut and sat at the other end of the table, which suited me fine. I'm still pissed off about that bullshit.

No comments: